11 April 2010

Après la pluie, le beau temps.

Atlanta has experienced ridiculous weather so far this year. There's been a crazy amount of rain that's led to flooding, on top of snow storms that have left roads difficult to travel. And now there's a thick layer of pollen that's coated the city in yellow. But I'll take the pollen, because with it comes prettier days, higher temperatures, and sunshine that threatens to actually give me a good tan :) What I'm basically trying to say is that I most definitely would not appreciate this beautiful, however pollen-ridden, weather had it not been for the tumultuous weather we've experienced as of late. Which brings me to my larger point, that "après la pluie, le beau temps," or "after rains come, good weather".

I've realized it is truly impossible to fully appreciate your blessings when there have been no disappointments to consider. Adversity preceding growth, growth allowing room to further develop as an individual, to redefining perspectives, goals, and relationships, all of which play intricate roles in shaping our character. Through experience, failures and disappointments, we learn how to be, do, and appreciate better. Can't say I particularly enjoy adversity, especially at the very moment it is being experienced, but the feelings of pride and accomplishment that come through persistence are well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment